Step One: Immediately
The advice to work from home as often as possible changes to: Work a maximum of half the time you work in the office
– The advice not to receive more than 4 people in the house will immediately end.
The advice to work from home as often as possible also changes to: Work in the office for a maximum of half of the working time.
Second Step: February 18
Restrictions are also being removed in the restaurant industry
Ⓒ ANP / HH
From Friday, February 18, all locations in our country can be open again until 1 am. The Corona (3G) ticket will be valid until February 25 at all locations where it must already be shown. As in the restaurant industry, cinemas, museums and theaters, and in professional sports competitions.
– Once you enter these locations, standing seat, wearing a mouthpiece and moving away from 1.5 metres, is no longer mandatory. There is no longer a visitor standard.
– In locations of more than 500 people, a permanent seat and a mouthpiece when moving remains mandatory.
The advice to isolate after a positive test is shortened to 5 days, provided the person has had no complaints for 24 hours.
Third Step: February 25
– From Friday February 25, normal business hours will apply again and we will say goodbye: Corona Entry Ticket (3G) in locations with less than 500 people, mandatory 1.5 meters away, wearing a mouth covering when moving in the catering industry, in education Or in the store, the maximum number of visitors and a permanent seat in, for example, the food industry. This means that large nightclubs, discos, festivals and events will also open indefinitely.
– In indoor places where more than 500 people congregate and do not have a permanent seat, for example at night restaurants or at festivals, everyone must show a negative test result. This does not apply to moving locations such as trade fairs and conferences.
To give vulnerable people the opportunity to travel safely, the wearing of a face mask will remain mandatory from February 25 on public transport and at the airport.
On March 15, the government will assess, among other things, the mouth covering obligation that is still in effect on public transport, the mandatory access test (1G) and the advice to work from home.
Keep these tips
Wash your hands, cough and sneeze into the elbow, do not shake hands, keep a distance or wear a face mask in crowded places, get plenty of fresh air, do a self-test regularly, test for complaints and get a vaccine or booster shot.
The isolation time is shortened from at least 7 days to 5 days
Ⓒ ANP / HH
Isolation advice will be eased starting Friday, February 18. The duration of isolation is shortened from at least 7 days to 5 days (if 24 hours without complaints).
Everyone is still in isolation after testing positive. Even if you had a booster injection. If the result of the examination is positive and there are complaints about corona, the isolation period starts from the moment you started receiving a complaint. If the test result is positive without complaints of corona, it will start counting from the date of the test.
Remote holidays allowed again
– Corona status in a country is no longer decisive for the color of the travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. All safety and health risks weigh again. This makes travel to countries outside of Europe possible again in the short term. The quarantine obligation will expire upon return to the Netherlands on February 25.
The advice to travelers remains: prepare well for your trip. There are still procedures in place abroad. Think about test commitments, QR codes, and mouth caps. So you still read our entire travel advice: before you book, before you leave, and during your flight.
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”