Travel Trend specializes in long distance travel and was established in 1978. Our offer includes trips to USA/Canada, Asia, Africa, Australia/New Zealand/Pacific and Central & South America. Most trips are acceptable. In our beautiful, modern office in Rotterdam Alexander, around 40 employees work on two travel brands: Travel Trend and NPBS Reason.
At Travel Trend we work with travel agents who act as intermediaries to sell our long-haul trips to consumers. NBBS Reizen is our direct sales channel where employees interact directly with our customers.
The Travel Trend booking department processes quotes and bookings Travel agents Processed by phone and in writing.
Travel Expert USA/Canada Itinerary (24-39 Hours)
You work with a team of motivated, experienced staff with a passion for long distance travel. Work will be mainly travel USA and Canada. Future expansion to other continents is negotiable. Travel Specialist Travel Trend is managed by the Reservations Manager who is supported by senior staff.
- Book and book trips by phone, in writing and by quote system
- Processing changes to existing reservations
- Advising travel agents mainly on joint trips and personalization
- Carrying out administrative tasks for handling bookings
Necessary for work
- Tourism education at minimum MBO level
- At least two years of experience in sales of (long haul) travel
- Experience with Amadeus or similar airline ticket booking system
- Good command of the Dutch language, spoken and written
- Fluency in English is an advantage
- Sweet phone voice
- Intimacy with long distance travel
- (Study) Travel experience to the above places
- Living in (nearby) Rotterdam
- Customer friendly attitude
- Accurate and stress resistant
- Commercially driven
- Motivated and flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Team player
A varied and challenging position in a dynamic and informal work environment, where lines of communication are short and informal, and employees are interested in long-distance travel. Our product presentations, (online) courses and study tours contribute to your product knowledge and personal development.
This position falls within the pay scale 4. Salaries above the collective labor agreement for the travel industry, secondary working conditions are good. You and your partner and/or children are automatically covered by our joint travel insurance with global coverage. You will get a discount on your canceled insurance. Of course you will get discount on travel trend trips.
Are you interested and meet the above requirements? Please send your application to [email protected]
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”