Released version 6.16 caliber. The open source e-book manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can search for all relevant information and cover images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for different types of e-readers. Moreover, the software can convert newspapers, magazines, and news articles based on RSS feeds into eBook format. Books with Caliber can also be purchased from well-known web stores.
in Version 6.0 Among other things, it has been switched to Qt 6. However, this means that the program only works on computers with a 64-bit processor and requires a minimum of Windows 10 or macOS 11. Moreover, it is now possible to search all books in library instead of just the current book, and there are also versions for Arm and Apple Silicon processors. The following changes and improvements are also made in this update:
- Allow additional data files to be stored with a book.
Right-click the Add Books button to add arbitrary files as Data Files to a book record. They are managed by Caliber along with book files, but cannot be used for conversion/rendering. Select a book and press the “O” key to view the data files in the file explorer.
- Allow undo deletion of books from Caliber library
Deleted books are now stored in the “trash” caliber that can be restored with a single click. To display the trash, right-click on the “Remove Books” button.
- Kobo Driver: Add support for the new Kobo Elipsa 2E. Ticket closing: 2016070
- Book Details: If the item has an associated link, display that link in the item’s context menu.
- Content Server Renderer: Fixed end of chapter content sometimes skipping when scrolling full screen with multiple pages. Ticket closing: 2015617.
- E-Book Viewer: Fixed a regression that caused notes from different highlights to be displayed in some situations. Ticket closing: 2017130.
- E-Book Viewer: Show an error if the user tries to search for punctuation or spaces only in search modes that ignore it. Ticket closing: 2015795.
- Fix custom columns not appearing in book detail links from other libraries.
New news sources
- Bar and stools by unkn0wn
- The Washington Post print edition of unkn0wn
Improved news sources
- front line
- Outlook Magazine
“Professional web ninja. Certified gamer. Avid zombie geek. Hipster-friendly baconaholic.”