CONCACAF W Championship – Final: USA vs Canada
Date: July 18 2022
place: Estadio BBVA; Monterrey, Mexico
Broadcasting: Paramount+, Fix
broadcast time: 9 PM ET / 8 PM ET
Official start time: 10 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. ET
Starting with the eleventh against Canada: 1- Alyssa Naher. 3- Alana Cook, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (Capt.), 8-Sofia Huerta, 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 13-Alex Morgan, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan, 19 – Emily Fox
Subs available: 2-Ashley Sanchez, 5-Kelly O’Hara, 6-Trinity Rodman, 12-Naomi Germa, 14-Emily Sonnett, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 18-Casey Murphy, 20-Taylor Cornick, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22- Kristi Moyes, 23-Midge Porsche, 24-Sam Coffee
- USWNT Starting Maximum Numbers XI (including this match): Sauerbrunn (207), Morgan (196), Horan (116), Naeher (83), Lavelle (78), Pugh (78), Sullivan (32), Smith (21), Huerta (19), Fox (17), cooking (13)
- The starting lineup that will face Canada – the fifth unique lineup to be used by the United States in the Concacaf W – includes different players from the lineup that started the semi-final against Costa Rica; Naher to Murphy in goal and Fox to Sonnett in defense.
- Tonight’s starting lineup includes only five players who started against Canada in the Olympic semi-finals, the last meeting between the two teams: Naher, Sauerbronn, Houran, Lavelle and Morgan.
- Horan and Smith will now start every US game in the 2022 Concacaf W, both starting for the fifth time in a row.
- The average age of this starting lineup is 28 years and 77 caps per player, with three players – Soerbronn, Morgan and Horan – in over 100 caps and three – Huerta, Fox and Cook – with under 20 caps.
- Becky Soerbrunn He will lead the USA in the 36 . ChampionshipThe tenth time in general but she is first in the final because she makes it 207The tenth The international appearance of the United States of America. Sauerbrunn has now broken the tie with Tiffeny Milbrett to take the ninth place on USA’s all-time list, Most matches played by any player in USWNT history have been played almost exclusively as a defender.
- A goal keeper Alyssa Naher She will start for the second time in the Concacaf W Championship, winning 83 for herresearch and development career cover. Naher, who scored a clean sheet against Jamaica in USA’s second group stage game on July 7, has 48 career eliminations, and ranks third in USWNT history. Naher netted out of 48 clean matches in Naher’s career against Canada. Naher, who had an outstanding tournament in Tokyo, started the Olympic semi-final against Canada but had to leave at 30The tenth minutes and tied the score 0-0 with a knee injury that will sideline her for the rest of the year.
- Alana Cook You’ll start for the fourth time in the Concacaf W as you earn 14 yearsThe tenth USWNT career limit. Cook, who is playing in her first competitive tournament with the USWNT, leads the United States in total minutes played this year with 746 minutes of action. This cook will be 12The tenth It starts in the last 14 matches for the USA, a period dating back to the November 2021 matches in Australia.
- Sofia Huerta She will make her second consecutive and third consecutive participation in the Concacaf W Championship as she has her 19thThe tenth Cover with USA. Huerta, who will now see the field in all five games of the Concacaf W Championship, had two assists in 2022 and also assisted in making two of his own. She will begin seven of Huerta’s nine careers since her return to the national team image in November 2021.
- straight ahead Mallory Bog She will start for the fourth time in the Concacaf W Championship, earning her 78The tenth career cover. Pugh leads the United States with seven assists in 2022, two of them in this tournament, and her record is 24The tenth An international goal in the July 14 victory over Costa Rica. This will be the second time for Pugh to start a final for the USA and the first since the 2016 Olympic qualifiers when she kicked off the USA’s 2-0 win over Canada in the championship match.
- Lindsey Horan She will start her fifth consecutive match in the 2022 Concacaf W Championship as she reaches 116The tenth International appearance. Horan, who led the United States in scoring with six goals in the CONCACAF 2020 Olympics qualifiers, scored eight goals and eight assists in 18 CONCACAF qualifying matches and has two goals and two assists in seven games in his career against Canada.
- Sophia Smith You will earn 21Street Hat because it makes it the leader of Team 11The tenth The start of 2022 and the fifth consecutive start of the tournament. Smith, who is playing in her first competitive tournament with the USWNT, leads the USWNT in scoring with seven goals of the year and scored a brace within the first eight minutes of the United States’ 5-0 win over Jamaica on July 7.
- After scoring a brace in the United States’ opening match against Haiti, Alex Morgan It will make her fourth participation in the tournament where she earned 196 of herThe tenth Cover and move past Shannon Boxes to capture 13The tenth In the USA list. A double against Haiti was like Morgan The 29th multi-objective game, and the third best game in US history. She has now scored 21 goals in 23 qualifying matches for her USWNT career, the third most in USA history.
- Midfielder Rose Lavell She will make her 4th debut and 5th appearance overall in this tournament as she earned her 78The tenth Cover for the USA. Laville scored the third goal for the United States in the 5-0 win over Jamaica on July 7 to achieve her third goal of the year and She scored her sixth assist in 2022 in USA’s July 14 victory over Costa Rica. LaVelle, who has scored two goals in four games in his career against Canada, has been directly involved in nine goals in his last eight games for the United States, scoring three goals and providing six assists.
- Andy Sullivan You will earn her 32second abbreviation Her career hat as she made her fourth Concacaf W Championship debut, which would be her first debut and USWNT debut in the final. Sullivan is third overall on the USWNT this year in total minutes played with 658 and will make it 10The tenth Beginning of 2022.
- defender Emily Fox He returns to the USA starting line-up after missing his last two games while on COVID Protocols. Fox has started USA matches against Haiti and Jamaica and is set to earn her 17The tenth career cover. She will now appear in 13 out of 16 USA matches since the FIFA window in October 2021 and will have 12 matchesThe tenth start during that period.
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”