December 6, 2022

SHSU Houstonian Online

Read all latest news headlines from USA, UK and around the world, get today's breaking news and live updates on politics, elections, business, sports, economy,​ …

The first images show GeForce RTX 4080 graphics cards from Gigabyte and MSI – Computer – News

Sure, 500-600 euros isn’t worth the standard, but that’s how the marketing teams want to try to get away with it. However, Steam shows a completely different picture, since old video cards of a few hundred euros are the norm, and not 500-600 euros. Of the four types with large market shares each, three are clearly below the price, only the RTX 2060 comes in a little around 500 euros, but it was also enough to be found around 400 euros at the time, and today even about 300 euros is available new. So 2060 will bring a little more market share, and if we look at it over the entire life cycle, surely as the holidays approach, on average it is farther and below the 500-600 euro range.
Version: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2060 EVO OC Edition 6GB

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
7.17%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
6.45%

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
5.08%

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
5.62%

After those four, the list immediately dives into cards with less than 3% market share for each chip type on Steam, where you can also find enough in the old x50, x60 and x70 for the best real models to come into the picture. 3080 is 1.5% and 3090 is 0.5% despite its long time in the market and 3080 also has moments of less than a thousand euros, and even this can be called a place in the market with such a low percentage of market share and only a few SKUs in the range This performance is on the list, while many other cards are close together, especially around the mainstream segment of around a few hundred euros, there are plenty of SKUs sometimes just a few dozen in the price difference.

See also  Rare Apple 1 prototype up for auction, highest bid now: $278,000

Just like that, new iPhones cost over a thousand euros, but in the meantime, many people are buying and using second and third hand iPhones, at much lower prices. Of course you need enough buyers up front to keep up with something like this, but if only 40% of your ecosystem say they buy new and that stuff lasts long enough in everything, you can have a lot of fun running around in a much bigger ecosystem than you thought In fact. Then the remaining 60% doesn’t have to (be able) to pay those exorbitant prices.