June 10, 2023

SHSU Houstonian Online

Read all latest news headlines from USA, UK and around the world, get today's breaking news and live updates on politics, elections, business, sports, economy,​ …

The 2023 Blackhawks Lottery odds are officially set

The 2023 Blackhawks Lottery odds are officially set

It’s official: The Blackhawks’ lottery odds for the 2023 NHL Draft are set after they finished 30th in the standings following a regulation Columbus Blue Jackets loss to the Buffalo Sabers in the regular season finale on Friday.

At best, the Blackhawks can take first place overall. At worst, they could drop to the fifth rank.

Here’s a look at the Blackhawks’ percentages on lottery night, per tankathon:

  • No. 1 overall: 11.5%
  • No. 2 overall: 11.5%
  • No. 3 overall: 7.4%
  • No. 4 overall: 40.7%
  • No. 5 overall: 28.8%

In short, the Black Hawks have a 23 percent chance of jumping inside second. He has a 7.5 percent chance of staying in third place, and has a 69.5 percent chance of falling to fourth or fifth place.

The Anaheim Ducks (25.5) have the best odds of landing a first overall pick, which is expected to be Connor Bedard. Columbus (13.5) has the second highest odds, followed by Chicago (11.5), San Jose (9.5), Montreal (8.5), Arizona (7.5), Philadelphia (6.5), Washington (6.0), Detroit (5.0), St. Louis (3.5) and Vancouver (3.0).

The NHL Draft Lottery will take place on Monday, May 8 at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN.

Click here to subscribe to the Blackhawks Talk Podcast for free.


Download MyTeams today!

See also  Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne got involved in a side fight during Sunday night's Washington-Cowboys game