RAR Labs has released the first beta of version 6.23 of the RAR and WinRAR archivers. This popular compression tool is available for various operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS. The program can handle most popular formats—including rar, zip, cab, arj, lzh, tar, gz, uue, bz2, jar, iso, 7z, and z—and has Configurable interface, Zip64 support and multipart cab files. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in WinRAR 6.23 beta 1
- Added extraction of XZ archives using ARM64 filter.
- Rar $ LS * temporary files, which are created when extracting or testing multiple archives from the Windows context menu, are now deleted immediately. Previously they were only deleted on subsequent WinRAR runs and only if they were at least 1 hour old.
- Fixed a security issue involving out-of-bounds writing in the RAR4 volume handling code.
- WinRAR can start the wrong file after the user double-clicks on an item in a specially prepared archive.
- If both NTFS and Unix additional time fields are available for a file in the ZIP archive, the extract command ignores the second additional field even if it provides more time fields than the first;
- Interface themes were applied to archive icons even if the “Apply to archive icons” option in the “Organize Themes” dialog was turned off.
The following downloads are available:
WinRAR 6.23 beta 1 (32-bit)
WinRAR 6.23 beta 1 (64-bit)
RAR 6.23 beta 1 for Linux (32-bit)
RAR 6.23 beta 1 for Linux (64-bit)
RAR 6.23 beta 1 for FreeBSD (32-bit)
RAR 6.23 beta 1 for FreeBSD (64-bit)
RAR 6.23 beta 1 for macOS (64-bit)
RAR 6.23 beta 1 for macOS (Arm)
“Professional web ninja. Certified gamer. Avid zombie geek. Hipster-friendly baconaholic.”