More than 100,000 Canadians are still without power after a winter storm in the east of the country. The province of Quebec has been hit particularly hard. When the storm hit the county on Wednesday, 1.1 million homes were without power.
Most of the homes still without power can be found in the city of Montreal, according to reports CBC News. They are all expected to gain power again on Monday. Meanwhile, people in the province of Quebec have been warned to be careful about using the gas in their homes. For example, some people may use camping gas cylinders to heat their homes or to cook. As of Wednesday, 135 people in Montreal have already been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. In areas where electricity has not yet been restored, municipal employees are knocking on doors to warn people about it.
A 75-year-old man in Quebec died of carbon monoxide when he started a generator in his garage. Another man in the province was killed when he was struck by a branch. A man in Ontario was killed when he was struck by a branch during the storm.
“Infuriatingly humble social media buff. Twitter advocate. Writer. Internet nerd.”
I am innocent of extortion
Discovery of an explosion in the dam • Ukraine loses a Leopard tank in an attack
The Corpse Wants $75,000 to Buy Parts of the Car in which Actor Paul Walker Died car