1. This is one of the best days you will ever have at the Dean E Smith Centre. Carolina beats NC State, 100-80, everyone gets a biscuit, Michael Jordan was there, Roy Williams was honored. What a dad’s day.
2. Perhaps in honor of Williams – “it always looks better when the ball goes into the basket” – the heels decided to burn the nets right. Carolina fired 54.8 percent from the field, 55.6 percent from the three-point streak, and the game was never in doubt after the first minutes.
3. Hit six different heels of tar with a triple pointer, led by Brady Manic with five of them and Caleb Love By four. Love led the way with 21 points, Armando Bacot He had 18, and Manek and RJ Davis Each had 17 pieces.
4. Carolina’s attack shares the ball beautifully, as Manek embodied it at the end of the first half. Having already put 14 points, Manek could have been excused from catching his shot. Instead, he found Armando Bacot With a nice pass for dipping, he advances 28 points. Many of those passes came in a transition, with Carolina playing in the transition more effectively than she had all season. Tar Heels scored 23 quick break points.
5. By the way, Baku has had his 11 double in the past 12 games and looked more like him. The team finished with 18 points and 13 rebounds, and after some recent shooting difficulties, he hit five of his 10 field shooting attempts. He also passed 1,000 career points, making him the stub of Tar 79 to reach that achievement.
6. It was mostly a day to attack, but Carolina’s defense on Derion Sabron must also be noted. The Wolfpack top scorer is considered one of the best scorers in the league, but black leakyCarolina’s defense was limited to 1 vs 6 from the field. The state knew it would likely need big days from the team’s three leading scorers to get a chance – they only got it by two points, with Terquavion Smith on 34 points and Jericole Helms added 23.
7. Good day for the Carolina seat that provided exactly the spark Hubert Davis Need. Buff Johnson record eight and Kerwin Walton He has five points, and Johnson also added six rebounds in the 18th minute. Johnson’s energy was a huge part of Carolina stretching the lead in the first half. The Tar Heel bench outnumbered the North Carolina State Reserves, 22-9.
8. Have a glimpse of what will help you Dontrez . patterns Earn more minutes as his career progresses. As soon as he entered the match in the second half, he immediately hit the offensive glass and turned it into a dip. His athletic style – which he showed again when he created a jumping space four minutes ago – will help him play Tar Heels.
9. Don’t rule out the pressure of a free biscuit throw. With 37.9 seconds on the line and Carolina sitting at 99 points, it was like that Jackson Watkins Which encouraged her to send the losing crowd into hysterics.
10. Roy Williams now has a sign on the rafters at the Smith Center, a fitting acknowledgment of one of the best players ever. Halftime Break Ceremony, featuring a video narrated by Marcus Page and provided by Jones Angel, Hit all correct notes. If you missed the video, or just wanted to bring it back to life, he is here. A pre-game video narrated by Williams, here.
11. And by the way, Carolina also honored the 40th Anniversary of the 1982 Championship Team. No matter how much you pay for a ticket, you get your money’s worth on Saturday. Tar heels are now 15-6 overall, 7-3 in the league and solidly in the chase among the ACC leaders. A big change from how things were a week ago. There is no place like home, and three games in a row at home may have upended the season’s momentum. Now it must continue on the road in Louisville on Tuesday night (the game has been rescheduled from the originally announced Monday).
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”