Horizon Forbidden West is the biggest winner of the Dutch Game Awards. The AAA title for Dutch guerrilla games wins four awards, including the main award for best game. Other Dutch studios that won are Total Mayhem and Roost Games.
Horizon Forbidden West eventually took home four awards. The game won in the categories of Best Game, Best Art, Best Sound, and Best Technology. The jury wrote: “This game puts the Netherlands on the map of the global game industry, but also places it much further in the broader media.” The successor to Horizon Zero Dawn was released in February of this year and is one of the biggest Dutch media productions of all time. So it’s no surprise that the game gets a lot of attention at the annual awards ceremony.
In addition, four other games will receive a prize. Stacklands from Sokpop Collective won Best Innovation, Best Game Design is We Were Here Forever by Total Mayhem Games, Best Debut Game is for Cat Cafe Manager by Roost Games and Best Game for Students is All Hands On Deck by Studio Mantasor. The HackShield Police Project also won the Best App Game award. HackShield is A game that should keep young people away from cybercrime.
- Best Game: Horizon Forbidden West – Guerrilla Games
- Best Art: Horizon Forbidden West – Guerrilla Games
- Best Song: Horizon Forbidden West – Guerrilla Games
- Best Innovation: Stacklands – Sokpop Collective
- Best Tech: Horizon Forbidden West – Guerrilla Games
- Best Game Design: We’ve Been Here Forever: Total Mayhem Games
- Best App Game: Hackshield in the Classroom – HackShield Future Cyber Heroes
- Best Debut Game: Cat Cafe Manager – Roost Games
- Best Student Game: All Hands on Deck – Studio Mantasaur
The Dutch Gaming Association has also awarded four other individual and studio awards:
- Best Studio: Codeglue, including policy set during the Corona crisis
- Inclusion Award: Emilie Giacometti, for her exemplary leadership on inclusivity and employment
- Career achievement: Alessandra van Otterlo, for her work in the Dutch gaming industry
- Brilliant achievement: Sokpop Collective, for “Your Opinion on How the Game Business Works”
The Dutch Game Awards was created by the Dutch Game Association, an interest group of Dutch game developers and studios. In 2021 She won the Good Job Best Game and Best Design award.
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”