good morning! The Netherlands national team will be competing against the United States in the World Cup Round of 16 in Qatar, cities will likely be busy with people shopping for Sinterklaas and DJ Hardwell will be putting on a big show for the first time since 2018 in the Netherlands.
First – the weather: the day is initially gray. Later, the sun breaks out occasionally in different places. And it will remain semi-dry and with strong northeasterly winds it will be about two degrees. Clouds will prevail in the coming days, and precipitation is not excluded, especially on Monday. It’s getting less cold.
What do you expect today?
- The Netherlands national team will play against the United States in the round of 16 in the World Cup in Qatar. The match starts at 4:00 pm (Netherlands time) and will be held at Khalifa Stadium in Doha.
- Argentina and Australia will also compete against each other in the round of 16. The match starts at 8:00 p.m.
- Many families and friends are celebrating Centerclass this weekend. So it’s probably busy in the cities with people doing their last-ditch shopping.
- DJ Hardwell stands with his comeback tour Rebels never die At the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam. It is his first major show in the Netherlands since 2018.
What did you miss?
A court in Tanzania has eleven people Sentenced to death to kill a well-known anti-poaching activist. The victim, Wayne Lutter, was shot and killed five years ago in Dar es Salaam.
The 51-year-old South African was the Director and Co-Founder of PAMS, a conservation foundation. The lottery has focused specifically on combating the wildlife trade. He was killed in August 2017 after his taxi got stuck in a suburb of Dar es Salaam.
Other news of the night:
- Man arrested for murdering rapper Tykov: The detainee is a 33-year-old man who has been charged with premeditated murder. Take Off, 28, was shot and killed in the early morning of November 1 after a party at a bowling alley in Houston. He would have been an innocent victim.
- Dutch projects near Prince William’s environmental Nobel prizes In the ocean improvement category, Dutch project The Bubble Barrier, a curtain of air bubbles that remove plastic from rivers, is nominated. The award went to an Australian initiative to increase the participation of Aboriginal women in the conservation of the Great Barrier Reef.
TikTok’s Chinese employees have had access to data from European users since yesterday. According to many lawyers, that is conflict with European privacy rules. De Meergronden students in Almere find it “strange” and “terrifying” that TikTok employees could access their data. But stop? Don’t think about it.
Young people are tired of sharing TikTok data with China, ‘but I can’t do without it’
“Infuriatingly humble social media buff. Twitter advocate. Writer. Internet nerd.”