The Glimpse widget for Pixel phones will get a series of improvements soon. The widget will soon display the battery status of your connected Bluetooth devices, as well as information about who’s standing at the door of your Nest doorbell and data about your sports activities in Google Fit.
At a Glance Improvements
‘At a Glance’ or ‘Quick Overview’ in Dutch, is a smart tool that has been Google for years showing the right, relevant information at all times. You’ll see upcoming calendar events on Pixel phones, as well as updates about traffic on your way to work or flight data from Gmail.
At a glance a tool is easy to use, but while Google has given a lot of tools a new look in recent months, no changes have been made at a glance. A series of new gadget additions have been discovered in the Pixel 6 phones code, which reports 9To5Google. These are all related things:
- bed time: When your preset bedtime in Google Clock approaches, the widget will alert you.
- Connected devices: The connection status and remaining battery power of the Bluetooth devices are shown in the widget. For example, the battery capacity of a pair of bluetooth headphones.
- door bell: Google tells you who’s at your door for your Nest doorbell.
- Sports and health: Information about your last exercise is displayed. This data comes from Google Fit.
- Flashlight: Sometimes you leave the lamp on unintentionally. No longer thanks to the warnings given at a glance.
- Security check: Security recommendations on your phone
- Timer and stopwatch: The state of the timers and stopwatch.
When a lot of data is relevant, you’ll be able to scroll through the information at a glance. For now, these functions are still being worked out behind the scenes, and the improvements for “at a glance” have yet to be rolled out. We expect Google to make the update available for all Pixel phones and not just the Pixel 6 series. It is not yet known when this update will come.
Don’t have a Pixel phone? Don’t worry because This app It works similar to ‘at a glance’ and usually goes a step further. Previously, Google introduced a large number of new and improved widgets that you use You can find out here. The latest additions are Enhanced Gmail Tool and the Widget for Google Drive. What widgets do you use on your home screen? Let us know in the comments at the bottom of this article.
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”