Chairman Jerome Powell talks about prices another way a few times, but stocks are down initially, interest rates are going up and the dollar is rising on the Fed’s decision to raise rates to 3.00-3.25%.
Although the Fed rate decision is close to three quarters, more quarters are on the way (than expected). The Fed was, is, and will be on a collision course with inflation until it returns to its 2% cage. By all means necessary. The bank does not rule out a recession only! Is this sometimes the most important news with close quotes?
Recession is possible, but the president certainly isn’t expecting a dramatic economy, let alone a depression and who knows… Prices seem to be responding well to this.
- September 21 – 20:59:57 [RTRS] Fed Powell: There is a possibility that growth will be stronger than we expect, which is a good thing
- September 21 – 20:59:05 [RTRS] – FED’S POWELL: This is a strong and solid economy
Going back to the beginning, this is the news about the interest rate decision itself.
The well-known point plot. Their names are not listed, but these are the long-running forecasts of all the Federal Reserve’s Interest Rate Committee, or FOMC members. Therefore, the peak yield is at the beginning of the year 2023-2024. the fickle market forecast We’ll save the press release and finish this blog until after this blog ends.
Watch the press conference here from 20:30 to 21:30 max. Here are the key quotes from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, who is always very lavish about them. Everything to bring inflation back to 2%. He again does not use the word stagnation, but speaks of a slowdown in growth.
- September 21 – 20:46:34 [RTRS] – Fed Powell: Nobody knows if we’ll get a cooldown, or if it does, how deep it will go.
- September 21 – 20:46:00 [RTRS] – Fed Powell: If supply shocks also occur, bloating pressures can also be relieved
- September 21 – 20:45:55 [RTRS] Fed: Commodity prices seem to have gone up
- September 21 – 20:39:14 [RTRS] Fed Powell: My main message is that the FOMC is very intent on reducing inflation, and it will stay until the job is done.
- September 21 – 20:38:05 [RTRS] Fed Powell: Curbing inflation will likely require a sustained period of downward trend growth
- September 21 – 20:36:20 [RTRS] – FED’S POWELL: Will look for forcing evidence that inflation is moving
- September 21 – 20:35:11 [RTRS] – FED’S POWELL: There are no reasons to be satisfied with puffing
- September 21 – 20:34:52 [RTRS] Fed Powell: Participants continue to see side risks to inflation
guards, This time it’s different?
- September 21 – 20:44:36 [RTRS] Powell Feed: We see the current situation outside the historical norms
- September 21 – 20:44:48 [RTRS] – FED’S POWELL: This is why the unemployment rate may not rise as much as in previous recessions
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”
Bitcoin liquidity hit rock bottom due to banking crisis
Protest against the sale of social housing in a building in Hoofdorppleinbuurt
Gordon Moore, co-founder of Intel and founder of Moore’s Law, has passed away