Figures from SteamDB show that more than 860,000 players have now started working with Elden Ring. FromSoftware’s latest game does not seem to be exempt from problems as Bandai Namco has confirmed that the PC version is not working as it should. The publisher indicates that improvements are being worked on, in the meantime it is recommended to at least update the graphics drivers.
It’s not the first time that FromSoftware PC port has been criticized.
As usual, there are all kinds of tips that can be used to enhance the performance of the game. For example, the Steam player has found that disabling hardware acceleration can cause more frames per second. Another user noted that separating the console improves performance.
Several fixes are also shared on Reddit, which you can try if you are not satisfied with Elden Ring performance on PC:
- Users with an Nvidia GPU: Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Shadercache Size -> Unlimited
- Steam Players: Disable Steam Overlay via Settings -> In Game -> Uncheck Steam Overlay
- Windows Key + X -> Device Manager -> Software Solutions -> Disable Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator
- Use the Windows Balanced Power Plan: Settings -> System -> Power Options -> Additional Power Settings -> Balanced
- Right click on Desktop -> Display Settings -> Graphics Settings -> Graphics Performance Preference -> Browse to the file. exe of the game -> select high performance in the options
« Previous Post Last Next »
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”