CD Projekt RED announced yesterday that it will provide Cyberpunk 2077 with a new update that comes with some new features and improvements. via a Live broadcast Earlier today, the developer revealed details of update 2.1.
This update will be released on Tuesday, December 5 and one of the most noteworthy points is that a metro system will be added to the game. This way players can travel through the city in a different way. All other important features are mentioned below.
Features of Cyberpunk 2077 2.1 update
- Adds the full NCART (Night City Area Rapid Transit) metro system to the game, allowing players to travel around Night City via public transportation
- Metros can still be used as fast travel points, but having one of these actually results in a much more cinematic experience as you travel in real time, looking out windows, and interacting with NPCs.
- Adds a Personal Radio, or Radioport, which lets you listen to in-game radio stations while exploring Night City on foot or via the subway
- Radioport will be disabled during some missions that contain certain music, and during main conversations
- Radioport volume can be adjusted
- Improved boss fights, including the much stronger Adam Smasher, who now uses his Sandivistan implant as in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Anime
- Adds replayable car races that become available after completing Claire’s mission; You can win money and vehicle discounts
- It adds a range of new vehicles for purchase, including an open-top Porsche
- You can now throw knives and axes while riding motorcycles
- Motorcycle driving has been reworked, with tilts, wheels, and tricks
- Enemy factions will now chase you after completing some vehicles, and engage in more vehicle battles
- Added a new Accessibility tab in the Options menu, including new settings for sharper HUD visuals, and customizing time limits for puzzles
- Adds hangouts with romantic partners
Interestingly, there was no mention of the New Game+ mode, despite it being in high demand. There may be another update later that introduces this feature.
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”