However, unvaccinated children 2 years of age or older should have a corona test done one day before departure to the United States. This distinguishes the need for testing from vaccinated children: they must be tested within three days of departure.
Also, almost all the details are already known. Below is an overview of the most important conditions for a return trip to the United States:
- From November 8, citizens of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, Ireland, China, India, South Africa, Iran and Brazil are welcome back to the non-essential trip.
- Passengers should be fully vaccinated. All vaccines used in the Netherlands are adequate. These are Pfizer, Moderna, Jansen and Astrogeneka.
- Passengers should also have a test negative. This test should not be performed more than three days after departure (except for unvaccinated children). This may be a quick test.
- Isolation is not required after coming to the United States.
- Of course, normal entry conditions for the US, such as applying for ESTA travel authorization, also apply.
Passengers do not have to be isolated on the way back to the Netherlands. They need to show corona evidence. The test duty for fully vaccinated or recently recovered passengers expires on October 22nd.
For the most up-to-date information on restrictions, always check the travel advice of the Dutch Foreign Ministry shortly before departure.
“Award-winning beer geek. Extreme coffeeaholic. Introvert. Avid travel specialist. Hipster-friendly communicator.”