KeeperFX version 1.0.0 has been released. KeeperFX is an open source mod for the 1997 game Dungeon Keeper. You need the original game to play it, but it’s still available for less than €2 at the moment. KeeperFX has many improvements over the original, such as support for Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11, higher resolution, improved controls, graphics and sound, additional levels, and last but not least: multiplayer. The release notes for this release can be found below.
KeeperFX 1.0.0 has been released!
Many volunteers have put in a lot of work to provide a long list of features and fixes. It is worth noting that with this release, there is a jump from version 0.x to version 1.x, simultaneously removing the link to the keeperfx.dll file.
This means that all of the original Dungeon Keeper code has been rewritten, making KeeperFX a true open source indie game. Ownership of the original game is still and will always be required for copyright reasons. When installing KeeperFX 1.0, perform a fresh installation without replacing any previous versions. Saved games cannot be carried over. there Wiki It has answers to most of the questions you might have, and we have a great, friendly one Discord society We welcome all friendly new members.
What’s new in KeeperFX 1.0.0:
- All remaining legacy functionality from the Dungeon Keeper executable file has been moved to KeeperFX.
- This means that we are no longer limited by the original game in what we can change
- There can now be more than 2048 objects on the map at the same time
- Maps are no longer limited to 85×85, they can be larger or smaller
- New units: Time Mage and Druid (not used in old campaigns, but wait to see them in new maps)
- Higher frame rates
- Fixed crashes when playing at 4K resolution
- Improved building bridges and pits for enemy PCs
- Prevent the best PC players from dropping their entire army on you instantly
- Campaigns with lower ratings that were aggregated to give new users a positive first impression have been removed
- Bulk campaigns received higher quality letters
- Added more translations for included maps and campaigns
- Objects can have a direction (like facing east for example)
- More customization options for map makers and moderators.
- Add new creatures
- Level scripts can be larger, resulting in more complex scenarios
- Add new snapshots
- New script commands
- Custom music and sounds
- Traps are fully configurable
- New decorative objects
- New map textures
- The goblins got an eating animation while the avatar got a torture animation
- Maps can have larger hero pools
- Improved multiplayer stability
- Multiplayer map numbers can exceed 255
- Gems are now purple on the minimap to distinguish them from gold
- Units visible on the minimap no longer move around
“Lifelong zombie fanatic. Hardcore web practitioner. Thinker. Music expert. Unapologetic pop culture scholar.”